Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just A Roamer

I've been quasi-sick since Monday, which I'm trying to get over. I can't diagnose the problem, because it's like a cold with some extra weird symptoms. I'm stuffy, have extremely irritated eyes (in a way that's never happened to me while sick), and I'm very achey. Today after I got home from work/class I took a 3 hour nap, and still woke up feeling as achey as I did all day. Wish me luck that my health improves!

So tomorrow is my last day at work. I'd have to say that I feel ready to end work, only because I'm sick/tired where the manual labor is more difficult this week and because I need to start studying for all of my finals next week. Yesterday was the first and only day that I skipped work all semester, and I did so in order to work on my internship dissertation.

Speaking of my internship dissertation, it's all done! Thank goodness. I turned it in this morning. It ended up being 43 pages single-spaced including a four page bibliography and lot's of appendices. I ended up writing around 8300 words, which my supervisor said was fine despite the maximum word limit of 7500. My big concern, though, is that UPS printed it so that the page numbers got screwed up, and I didn't have enough time to re-print it because I would have been late for work. I let the Arcadia office know that it was UPS' fault, so hopefully it's not a big deal.

On a happier note, it was like an English summer here in London today! It was around 70 degrees and partly cloudy. The entire day I was sweating because it was so humid and I didn't realize it was supposed to be so warm.

The tube was extremely hot today, especially the central line. I'm not sure why the central line always seems to be the warmest. I've finally determined that the Northern line consistantly smells like pollution, while the other lines do not. I'm not sure if that's because the Northern line is older or the deepest (which I've only heard because someone told me that people hid out in the Northern line during the blitz because it's the deepest). Regardless, it is not pleasant and I'm glad I only take the Northern line twice a week. I take the central line every day, and I'm glad that it's usually a nice experience...especially since it's warm in the wintertime when it's cold outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment