Monday, March 30, 2009

Plaid Party?

This weekend I stayed at Palace Court and tried to get some R&R while I cought up on homework. On Thursday night I went to a local pub with many girls from my house + Spencer (who also lives in Palace Court), and I went home early when the pub closed to go to sleep. Friday I worked on my to-do list and went grocery shopping/H&M shopping (since H&M is right next to Marks & Spencers in Whiteley's mall). At H&M I bought some clothes for Italy/Tucson, since I realized I did not bring a lot of warm-weather clothes that I can take to Italy at the end of this month. I'm really missing my sundresses. I literally only brought two pairs of shorts to London - one of them are Soffie cotton shorts. I may be sweating a lot in Italy, we'll see.



Speaking of Italy, I'm not sure if I've mentioned this, but Derek and I are planning to tour Italy for a week after my program ends on April 24th. We had to cut out some cities in the north due to his time constraint, since he won't be done yet. But we plan on flying into Florence, then heading to Siena -> Rome -> Naples. I haven't decided or looked at my funds yet, but I might want to visit Rachel in Bologna, too, if possible. We'll have to see. I really wanted to go to Greece while I'm abroad, but it's not looking like that can work out. Also, since I won't be going to Germany or Amsterdam due to my lack of time and people to travel with, hopefully I'll be able to return to that region and hit up Brussels, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Zurich, Bern, Munich, Berlin, and Prague all in one second grand European adventure.



Anyway, Saturday morning my roommates and I woke up and went to Portobello Road market. Even though it was raining slightly, it was still PACKED with tourists. I feel more like a local than a tourist these days, so I felt really embarrassed about my American accent. My roommate Audrey and I started saying "pah-den" instead of "excuse me" in order to cover up our accents when trying to maneuver around slow walkers (a great pet peeve of mine in crowded places). Speaking of the word pet peeve, they don't call it that here. I forget what it's called but my marketing processor looked at us like we were crazy when we said that phrase. But anyway, I ended up buying a metal sign at Portobello Road that I think I'll hang up in either my bedroom at home or my room in Tucson. It is the sign for Notting Hill Gate, which is really close to my house. Also, the three of us bought cupcakes from the famous cupcake store on Portobello Road, and mine was very delicious (chocolate with chocolate frosting and silver sugar ball sprinkles).



The rest of the weekend I hung around the house with my roommates and worked on homework, etc. Nothing to report, but it was fun to be able to relax. It's so weird that I'm nearing the end of my stay in London! I'm going to miss it sooooooo much.



P.S. I'm in the market for a fringe/tassel key chain for my purse and also a pair of metallic shorts to create an outfit like this that Ashley Olsen wore in Teen Vogue several years ago:


If you know where I can purchase either item at a relatively low price, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. do u know where i can get ashley olsens metallic shorts?

    ReplyDelete